monetize | Getting Started
This guide is for all app developers and publishers who wish to monetize the ad inventory on their iOS or Android apps using the light weight InMobi SDK. Before you begin integrating the SDK into your app, please follow the steps below to set up an account with InMobi, register your app and create ad placements:
Follow the simple steps and get started:
- Step 1: Signup with InMobi
- Step 2: Register your App
- Step 2A: Register an Unpublished App
- Step 3: Create Placements
- Step 4: Update Payment Profile
- Step 5: Control Ad Experience with Filters
Along the way, we have highlighted important guidelines and best practices to ensure you have everything in place to monetize your app quick and easy without our assistance. Ensure that you pause for a moment to read through these messages.
Step 1: Signup with InMobi
Now that you’re here and InMobi is the chosen one, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started with your account right away. To set up an InMobi account:
- Sign up as a publisher.
- A verification email with a link will be sent to your registered email address. Click on the link to complete the verification process. (This address will be used for any future communication about your account).
- On log in, choose the applicability pertaining to GDPR.
Step 2: Register your App
Once you have created an account, you can proceed to register your app with InMobi. The following steps are only meant for apps published in an app store. If you have an app that is yet to be published, visit Step 2A. Let's proceed.
Click Add an app
- Select your relevant Operating System
- Enter a valid app store URL
- Click Add to list additional apps you wish to monetize.
- View your completed profile from the drop down next to your user name.
Step 2A: Register an Unpublished App
If you have an unpublished app that is not live in the app store, just follow the simple steps below:
- Sign up as a Publisher.
- Complete the verification e-mail sent to the registered ID (The registered email ID here will receive all the communication).
- Choose the applicability pertaining to GDPR.
- Click Add app as shown in the dialog box.
- Choose operating system.
- When it's published, you can return to InMobi and link your app to its app store entry.
Step 3: Create Placements
Select the relevant ad format to define the placement of your app.
- Scroll to your right/left to see more placements
- Enter details in Placement Name and click Create Placement
- Click Add Placement to create additional placements
- Once the setup is complete, you will get an overview of the placement details.
Step 4: Update Payment Profile
Create, verify and activate your payment profile to make your earnings tangible! InMobi follows a payout cycle of 60 days. This means that your earnings for a given month will be credited to you at the end of the 60-day payout cycle. You have the option of receiving your payouts via PayPal or wire transfer/RTGS.
Note: This is a mandatory step and all publishers are requested to complete the details to monetize successfully.
- Select Earnings from the drop down next to your user name
- Select Add Account
Add the following details:
- Mode of Transfer
- Bank Details
- PAN Card Details
- GST Details
- Once the setup is done, you will get an overview of your Payment Page.
Step 5: Control Ad Experience with Filters
By using the blocking controls built into InMobi, you can curate the experience shown to the user by reviewing and controlling the ads that appear in your app. InMobi supports ad filters at three levels to control the ad experience:
Level 1: Domain Filters
You can block ads from specific URLs. For example, you might not want to show your competitors' ads on your apps.
Level 2: URL or Keyword Filters
You can block ads by filtering URLs /Keyword Filters based on their ad text or landing page URL. For example, you can prevent ads containing the text 'weapons' or 'virus' from serving on your site or app.
Level 3: Category Filters
You can block ads from specific categories which will not be served on your app. The categories range from Business, Art, Finance, Fashion etc. For example, an app meant for kids has the option to block ads from specific categories.