Help-Articles | Basics
Click here for information on creating an advertiser account with InMobi.
To advertise with InMobi, you will need to first create a campaign to deliver the right message to the right user at the right time. There are three steps to setting up a campaign: 1) creating a new campaign, 2) adding creatives and 3) generating a tracking URL.
Creating a New Campaign
To create a new campaign, follow the below steps:
- Log in to your InMobi account, or click here.
- Click the Campaigns tabs.
- Click New Campaign, and select the Promote App objective.
- Enter the your app URL from the App Store, Play Store, Wandoujia (China), or a direct APK link.
Use the Select App drop-down option to select from apps you have previously created campaigns for.
- Your app name will populate automatically. Then, click Continue.
- Next, select a conversion tracking partner from the Campaign Tracking Solution drop-down list. We suggest you pick one of our preferred partners. To learn more about tracking, click here.
- Create an ad group. Make sure to do all of the below:
- Select the countries you want to target. InMobi recommends targeting 5 countries or less per ad group.
- Select the devices you want to target.
- Select the target users. InMobi recommends that you use Automatic Targeting for your first ad group. You can change this later. To learn more about targeting, click here.
- Click Save and Create Ads.
The next step in setting up your campaign is adding creatives, or ads. Each creative represents a message that users will engage with. To add creatives, follow the below instructions.
- From the Ad Type drop-down list, select any of the formats offered by InMobi. You can chose from banner ads, interstitial ads, video ads, and native ads.
- Enter a name for your creative in the Name field.
- Next, click Add Files and then Upload.
- Click Save Ads at the bottom of the screen.
Note: Use the Add New to add multiple creatives to a single add group. For example, you can add 2 interstitial ads, or 1 banner ad and 1 interstitial ad, and so on.
Generating a Tracking URL
Your campaign will not start spending until you have verified your tracker integration. And to verify your tracker integration, you will need to generate a tracking URL. See here for instructions on how to generate a tracking URL.
To add funds to your account, perform the following tasks:
- Log in to your InMobi account, or click here.
- From the drop-down list at the top-right of the page, select Funds.
- Click Add Funds.
- Select 1 of the 4 options: Move From Earnings,
- Enter the details requested and click Move Now (If you chose to move funds from earnings), Add Funds (If either credit card or PayPal was selected), or Redeem Now (If you choose to redeem a promo code).
- If you have selected credit card or PayPal, you will be redirected to the respective payment gateway. Enter the requested details to complete the transaction.
- After adding funds, it might take up to an hour or so for InMobi to validate that the funds are from a valid and non fraudulent credit card.
- Your ad will run only after funds have been added to your account. Ensure that you have adequate funds in your account to run your ad soon after it is approved.
This section provides an overview of the guidelines to be followed when setting up an ad group.
InMobi has certain guidelines that advertisers need to follow when setting up an ad group. In general, ads must not depict content that is prohibited or restricted by InMobi. Additionally, ads must comply with all applicable laws.
If any ad is found to be in non-compliance with a guideline, InMobi may remove it at any time. The general guidelines are:
- All claims made by ads must be substantiated. They must be current, and cannot mislead or deceive users
- All advertised products, services, offers, and so on, must be available within two clicks of the landing page, or through a basic site search
- Ads cannot contain spam
- Ads must not offend users, or violate any third-party rights
- Ads cannot contain or promote anything illegal
- Ads for tobacco, weapons or violence, alcohol, or gambling are mostly banned. If allowed, they are subjected to strict restrictions. Please see the detailed guidelines for more details.
- Ads depicting pornography, non-consensual sexual acts, or adult services are strictly banned. So are ads depicting minors in any sexual manner.
The InMobi Referral Program is an initiative to help the InMobi developer community grow stronger and more active. We want to help more developers benefit from the InMobi App Install Platform, and drive more users for their app.
If you have had a good experience working with our platform, we encourage you to refer other developers to test our product. Not only will you be sharing the fun, you’ll also make $250 USD when your friend registers on InMobi and spends 5000 USD on our platform!
- Please do not refer yourself.
- The referred friend or app should not already be registered with InMobi as an advertiser. Referral benefits are available only on accounts or apps that are new to InMobi.
- Referral benefits apply only to iOS or Android apps.
- In case the same user is referred by multiple developers, then the referral credit will go to the developer who first made the referral. We will record the time and date at which the referral request was sent, and this information will be used to decide who gets the referral bonus. In the event of disputes or disagreements, the decision made by InMobi will be final.
- The InMobi Referral Program is applicable only to developers who register as advertisers (and not publishers) on the InMobi network.
Referring a Friend
To refer a fellow developer, follow the instructions below:
- Click the drop-down menu next to your log in name, and then select Refer a Friend.
- Enter your friend’s email ID in the field provided, and then click Add Friend.
You will receive a notification as soon as your friend registers and spends the first 5000 USD on the network
- You can check account status of all your referrals on the same page given in step number 1, above.
- In case your referred friend hasn’t taken any action yet, feel free to send a friendly nudge by clicking Send Reminder.